• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air lines cut.....tranny shifts early

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The breather vents look like an alternative for on road use. I kind of doubt I'll be running the truck in deep water but you never know what curve ball life might through my way. Understanding what I'll looking at helps a lot. I already ordered the correct replacement hoses. Got to thinking with those hoses cut it could allow water into the air intake as well as back feed into the air chambers. As a rule of thumb I think I will try to keep the original systems in tack whenever economically feasible.

I did find time to take the truck on the road before my temp expired. I controlled the shifting with the gear selector (1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5). I was much happier with the way the engine/tranny performed when I forced it to hold the gears to higher engine rps. I studied the linkage by the fuel pump with the "slide link" to the tranny. I didn't mess with it and probably won't until I have another temp plate. There will be some trial and error involved to get it the way I want it. The cable to the tranny seems well lubed. It has rubber boots on the ends to keep the grim out. I'm thinking I need to shorten the linkage to make it shift at higher rpms normally. It doesn't look like there is a lot of adjustment at the fuel pump end. I haven't tried to look at the tranny end yet. ......One step at a time.

Sorry for the delayed response. I did't realize the thread went to page two.
Yea most of the time when I drive a manual transmission I shift real close to the Governor to get the ground speed up fast. If I am just leaving the house and all the temps are not up yet I do the light pedal and let her shift at lower RPM. You might have to adjust the soft pedal and bring it up to maybe like mine 1600rpm for the lower shift points. You will get the feel of the truck /transmission in no time. Sometimes I do the manual shift just to hold the shift point a little higher than it would be on a soft pedal but not at the governor. Have fun and don't let the rust get you down you still have a nice toy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks