• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air lock rear

JeremyB

Hello all,
I have heard thet some of the axles in the M35s have Air lockers in them.If this is true, How could I tell one from the other?

Thank you.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Special axles were made for Norwegian M621/623(?) 2-1/2 ton trucks. For external identification note the servo cylinder on an extension housing welded to the axle housing. There is also an indicator light. Both have brush guards protecting them. Internally a special long spline axle (one side only) carries a locking collar that locks axle to side of differential case. Since the axle can no longer turn relative to case it also locks the other axle thru spider gears. An Australian aftermarket (ARB) air locking diff may also be available now. Anyone, please feel free to correct me if I am off on my explanation or terminology.

Attachments

Last edited: