• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air o Matic Install completed *pics*

tjcouch

I was too busy and had a tight window, so I did not have the time to do step by step pics . . . the most interesting part was the venue I was able to use: my uncle's aircraft hangar . . . the the cutting of the old drag link - we could just not get it apart.

Attachments

Flea

A lot of people knock it, but I LOVE my Air-o-Matic and will be keeping it if I ever sell this truck. Yes, it is pricey, but for a drop-in kit for people (like myself) that don't want to deal with designing their own one-off systems, it's great. Mine's only a tiny bit better because I bought my truck with it installed.:razz:

I hear you'll like the difference off-road because it calms the steering wheel down when you go over bumps and ruts. Judging by your youtube account, I'd say that'll be sooner than later.:wink:

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got Air-O-Matics on 3 trucks, 2 M35A2's & 1 M109A3. They were installed by Uncle Sam. Just my opinion, I really like them. They all seem to work well and return to center just fine.

I'm puttin one on my M275A2. Backing my M128A2C's into their parking spots has never been any fun.

neb4x4

I've pondered the idea of instaling a "air assist" on my deuce. But like mentioned.... Th $$$price tag$$$

I'm sure it's worth it. But.... My other hobby is 4x4ing in Toyota's, Jeeps, Chevy's and such.... And have helped a lot of people do a "hydro assist" or "full hydro" steering on their rigs for pretty cheap... Would it be worth the fabrication/time to put a pump, gear box, and ram, etc... on the deuce...?

Or would one be better to suck up and fork out the bones for the "air assist"?

IHASFIP

I have a thread on this exact topic. Search it. And BTW the air-o-matic kits are going for between 830-900$ right now, so they are realitively cheap compared to the normal 1200-1800$.

D

tjcouch

I have not had a chance to put the system to the test yet . . . . but the drive around the block put a big smile on my face!

DUECE-COUPE

i have it on my truck. saw it on the M35A3's we got in 1997. liked it then, love it now. i just need to adjust the pressure to make it work better. any one have ant tech tip on how to do that??

tjcouch

The market was flooded awhile ago when GSA dumped several pallets at auction . . . . I am guessing those have been run-through and the price is creeping up again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks