• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air-O-Matic Steering

coecamo

I am considering installing Air-O-Matic on my other truck after I get my CUCV no the road. I would like to know if anyone knows what diameter the pitman arm and knuckle arm ball stud ball is ? Air-O-Matic would be best on my Peterbilt as I have no room to mount a hydraulic pump. Are manuals in existance for adjustment or repair for air steering ?

gsomersjr

I don't know if this helps but I had a 77 Freightliner cabover with air assist steering. Ross was the manufacturer. I don't know know if they are still around but a search might get you some useful information.

kc5mzd

I don't know if this helps but I had a 77 Freightliner cabover with air assist steering.
If you can get the last 6 digits of the VIN off the Freightliner you should be able to go to any Freightliner dealer and order the parts new or their equivalent. Freightliner prides its self on being able to get parts for all their trucks - even the older ones. If they have trouble or don't seem to want to put forth the effort you can use their pride to motivate them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks