• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pack Help

clayne2014

I thought I was done with airpack install but found a leak when bleeding. In the attached pictures you will see the flare type fitting I was trying to use. This came on the end of the stock Napa steel line I bought. this fitting is about 1/2 inch overall, with 3/8 inch of thread. You can see on bottom side of hex that it was hitting airpack before end of fitting was all the way down. When tight, I could still move line up and down about 1/8 inch. The other picture will show the area of pack that I am talking about. Not my pack but just for illustration.
Nut.jpgAir Pack.jpg

rmgill

You need a longer steel nut. They're out there. I got a replacement line from the master cylinder to the air-pak for my rebuild a month back and found the right nut length.

dmetalmiki

You need a longer steel nut. They're out there. I got a replacement line from the master cylinder to the air-pak for my rebuild a month back and found the right nut length.
ditto, One reason it is handy to keep a box of (various) brake and grease nipples handy.

bonedoc

How about a copper crush washer? I found needed copper crush washers on my brakeline fittings that went into air pack and master cylinder

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks