• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pack nomenclature question

WTF D00D

So I went to change the brake light pressure switch and it broke off, tried an easy out but things were froze too bad so I'm looking to just get a new 1 1/2" nut that the brake light sensor switch screws into, whats that nut called?

I've looked in TM's but couldn't find it. Since I will have to bleed everything a link to the proper TM for bleeding would be nice if anyone knows it off hand.

Thanks a ton in advance guys...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll need to source a new end cap from a used air pack. That is not a part that is commonly available separately.

I would remove the broken part by taking the end cap off the air pack, put it in a vise and slowly drill it out, or use an easy out. Then re-tap the threads and reinstall it.

Bleeding is covered in the -20 TM.

WTF D00D

well, I tried. I may have taken a little too much out and after tapping it out she don't get tight enough. I thought about tapping it larger and using a sleeve but wasn't sure if that would affect the switch at all and since its brakes I figured I may as well do it right or I might wind up rolling over someone.

Thanks for the bleeding TM.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not be too worried about using a pipe bushing. Or, you could go one size large and use a pipe plug, then convert to an air operated switch.

It would be simple to just change out the end, if you can find one close by. I'm not sure who all is in your area.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Where is that cone shaped thing at the top of the pic? I got the switch and the big plug, but I'm not sure where that cone is at.

DeucesWild11

I would drill it out, tap it and plug it. Then do the brake switch upgrade so that the switch is on the Air side and not the Hydraulic end. This is much safer and was a published upgrade that was suggested for safety reasons.. It's a relatively cheap upgrade and will give you a little extra piece of mind. I think Saturn Surplus or Eriks has the upgrade kit.

I broke mine off as well but was able to get it out. I was told to do the upgrade while it was out and did, and I am glad I did..

WTF D00D

Thanks for all the help guys, gimpyrob sent me one with good threads, plugged the new sensor in, bled the brakes and good to go...

I already ordered the upgrade kit for it so if this one goes I'll throw that on.