• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air pack pipe plug

Boatcarpenter

Would a little heat around the pipe plug to help in removal without stripping it hurt anything inside the air pack or should I stick to strictly mechanical means? Thanks

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of those rear caps are made of aluminum. I don't recomend heat. Untill it's the last resort.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That plug can be a PITA! When I first removed mine, I had the airpak all taken apart and actually had to drill it and got it out with a screw extractor. Judging by the paint primer, it had never before been opened (lubed).
Inside is an air chamber and there may or may not be oil or brake fluid present. Also, the cover plate with the plug is made of an aluminum alloy. Some heat may help, but go easy.

Just my 2 cents.
Good luck!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amen to the PITA. Mine was tight! Hammered a smaller wench on and used a pipe. Good luck.
Dennis

Last edited:

Wyattearp

is that the small plug on the front side of the airpak? just curious as i removed a small plug while under my truck and brake fluid believe it or not, clear/clean started coming out. is that the plug in question..
Well its storming again could be a bit for im back online.