• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pack Rebuild

M215

Hey List,
Are there any commercial companies that rebuild air packs? I can not locate a rebuild kit for mine (GMC M215) and it is a different unit than the M35's. Since it is a Bendix unit does anyone rebuild these antiques?
Thanks, Karl

M215

Hello Bjorn,
I have been messing with this air pack for awhile, it is made up of three units I cobbled together. Some of the seals are worn and the cylinders have minor pitting even after honing. Called Memphis, they said some parts from the M54 5 ton Bendix rebuild kit ($135) will work, but not everything. Is there any commerical companies that rebuild brake parts? How about antique vehicle parts that are rebuilt like relining wheel cylinders.
Thanks, Karl

poppop

I have bought kits for my 5 tons on e-bay from kcgonso for 15 dollars and new air pacs for less than 80 dollars. He has them up all the time but just this week sold an air pac for quite a bit more. Search e-bay motors for military and you will find him. i have bought several items from him and he is jam up. All his stuff is NOS.

M215

Hey Poppop,
Thanks for the info. found them on Ebay! I don't mind experimenting with the 5 ton rebuild kit for the GMC air pack at those prices.
Thanks, Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks