• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air pak tag

Wyattearp

was under the deuce this afternoon found the recondition tag on the airpak dated 8/87 at *CSMS* anyone know what the csms stands for by chance, im in hopes of finding out just where this truck came from and has been in its life.
Bjorn remember we were discussing the heater, yours under the hood and mine is under the dash, i figured out why and it didn't dawn on me till this evening, they moved the heater inside due to the very cold temps that come during winter up there at Beech Mountain, in the winter its nothing for the temps to drop to -20 or lower and up at Grandfather Mountain they have had recorded windchills of -100. Guess they were trying to stay as warm as possible getting the heater inside the cab.
One more question about the Parking Brake, I can't seem to get the handle to release back up is there a catch to it I was checking out the drum and was in the cab of the truck and well i for what reason i pushed down on the parking handle to see if it was still free and when i did it locked in the down position, anybody :confused:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure it matters where the core is located, it's heated from the engine and the air comes from the outside. Suppose it may be heated by running past the engine too..

Wyattearp

Anyone know how to disengage the parking brake, mine is in the down position and seems to be locked, its working i can't remember how to get the darn thing back in the up position, okay so i forgot how :rolleyes: I hit it last night when in the truck and wasn't thinking as usual... anyone have an idea....

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd check the return springs at the transfer case brake shoes. Did you ever drive with the parking brake on? if so mabye the grease in the joints where the levers move the shoes cooked and locked up the parts. Try using a grease gun to purge the parrfin out. See if you can push the parking brake arm back up while under the truck. If so get a extra head light switch and use it for a weel chock. Then forget about the brake.

Wyattearp

Thanks Ken, if im not mistaken when the handle(in cab) is up the parking brake is disengaged, correct.
What i was doing was in the cab and i must admit it has been some time since i have had the time or funds to work on this truck i have and well i pushed down on the brake handle and when i did it locked as it when all the way down, i have had that thing down before but could not for the life of me remember how i got it to come back up.

Wyattearp

to answer your question i never did run the truck and the parking brake engaged. when first getting the truck i had to fiddle and learn as to what worked what and how this and that worked but i tend to forget and thats what happened this time i forgot and mashed the parking brake lever all the way down

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks