• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air preasure adjustment

junkyardog

is there a way to adjust the air preasure to 120. i only seem to be around 90 to 100. my air piston on my plow is slower than i would like. i have 1/2 air line going to it.i came right off the tank to the valve. it dosent seem to go to 120. what is up with the air buzzer is these things. it would wake the dead

BEASTMASTER

the problem is'nt your pressure, it's you're tanks don't hold enough volume to fill air plow piston. if you pipe in one of those tanks off a tractor or big dump truck you will have plenty of air to lift you're plow.but even those trucks had trouble building air when you lift the plow two or three times ,like pushing up an intersection. been there done that. i teed into the power steering on my 5 ton with a fisher plow valve . no problem.

junkyardog

i will try the extra tank. i have 2 or 3 electric hyd pumps and a hyd piston. the air was there so i used that i dont lift to often but you can see the preasure drop alot when you first go to lift it. you are right not enough air. i hope the ole girl stays together this year. do you have a close up of how you did your frame. i allready did mine with a friend.i used 4x4x 5/8 it seems to be rugged enough. thanks for your help