• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air pressure from an external source

Shizzlemah

Guys,
Going to be doing some work on the M54 soon and I'd like to have air for the brakes, but without running the engine.
Is there a convenient way that I can feed the system from my shop air compressor? Through one of the glad hands ? Or somewhere else (right into the air tank, perhaps?)

Thank you

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are check valves in the air system plumbing, so you may want to study the diagrams in the TMs also in case you don't get air to something using an external supply.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OR, you can fill the system from the "RES" port on the air gov., or thru the wet tank drain, just put a ball valve in one of the ports where the drain valves are and put your flavor of male air hose fitting in the other end. It will still be a drain, but you can fill thru the fitting and not back feed anything due to the check valve at the inlet of the wet tank...if it is working.

patch

airing up

Shizz- Call me, I think I have some air hoses with glad hands. I'll go out now an have a look in the garage....776-9028 JK

This is what the front glad hands on these units are for. left side supplys air and the right side applies the brakes remotely. used this way for towing but if you want to only supply air to the system just hook up the supply side. unless i mis read your post this is what you want to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks