• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pressure Problems

psd350

Hello I have an M35a2 and have recently begun have problems with compressor cycling on and off constantly I hear the switch under the cab going on and off any help would be great. Thanks

Brian,

Blendmaster2002

First thing to do is look for air leaks to find the problem then look in the TM’s for the problem or report back on this thread if you need more help.

Best to look for leaks with the air pressure up and the truck off should be able to hear a large leak, plus take a squirt bottle with a soapy water solution around the air system of the truck a small to medium leak should bubble, a big leak will blast it away.

Check and make sure both the glad hand valves at the rear of the truck are off and not that just the covers are on!

Also make sure your air tank drains are fully closed from the last time you drove the truck and drained the tanks.

Don’t forget to look for leaks under the dash, check the air pressure warning buzzer sending unit, See this thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...d-help-from-the-old-soldiers&referrerid=19939

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
under the cab??? there is nothing under the cab. the air pressure control is on the firewall and the pressure relief is behind the rear of the cab. how high does the pressure go before it shuts off? is your relief jusy dumping air?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My air regulator on the firewall would click click click click and sometimes go away and sometimes just start going. I took the air lines off and put some air tool oil in it, and hooked the lines back up. Never had a problem with it again.

If the safety under the cab is opening and closing, the regulator is stuck and your compressor is just running all the time.

Scarecrow1

I didn't really have a noticeable problem but when I shut off my 923 and came back to it after a couple of hours it still had to build up pressure again . I listened and couldn't hear a thing so I started looking and found the rear glad hand was connected to the cover but the valve was half open. So I would double check it first .......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks