• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pressure Warning Won't Stop Buzzing

JRBAMATEX

I went in to drop my Pickup off at the shop where I keep the deuce to have the rear axle seals replaced just a minute ago. But that's not what I came to talk about..... When I started the deuce to drive it home since I left the pickup at the shop and needed a way home.... The air pressure warning buzzer would NOT quit buzzing. Pressure came up to almost 120psi like usual and the breaks worked fine but the buzzer stayed with me all the way to the house. Has this ever happened to any of you and if so where should I start the trouble shooting process? Driving it with that buzzer going is not an option :shock:

Any ideas or help would be very appreciated. Thanks guys.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing keeping it on is the pressure switch located next to it. It has either welded the contacts shut, lost local pressure, or came apart internally. It is a simple device made by Bendx or Midland, and is easily reparable.

dg

JRBAMATEX

Thanks DG. Figured it would be something semi simple but your help is just what I needed. I'll go out and futz with it in a bit and send back a report.

Prerunner1982

get it fixed yet? usually it is just the pressure switch, however i have come across a 900 series 5ton that i replaced the pressure switch and even the control box in the cab and still would not go off.. i should have just cut the wire to the buzzer.. it wasnt one of my trucks, we were working on the entire battalions trucks.. at one point someone had scratched into the dash the date at which the buzzer had started... dont remember the month and day but it was 1987.. would have been funny if i could have fixed it... after that long... but oh well... 100*+ with no shade in a gravel lot... it wasnt one of my trucks... so i let it be and told the motor sgt that was in charge of it..... he just shrugged... apparently he hadnt had any luck with it either ... haha..

SixBuy

The switch passes 24V thru to the buzzer which is grounded. If somebody wanted to rattle your cage it would be simple to move the hot lead from the switch to the buzzer. Just a thought...

ida34

My truck had an additional switch that is attached to the parking brake. My parking brake handle was broken and would not go down all the way and would not let the switch open. The buzzer would go off when the handle was not in the full down position. I saw it and disconnected the switch for the parking brake. I don't know if you have one on your truck as this was something I had not seen on a deuce before.

Chuck

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
typically the only way the cold would affect the buzzer and switch was if moisture got into the line going to the pressure switch and froze, thereby blocking the pressure from getting to the switch. We have this happen a lot in the steel mill in the winter time. More than likely though, your switch is bad...an easy way to check would be get some heat in the cab and around the switch and buzzer for a little while and see if it makes a difference.

littlebob

Do you hear the air escaping under the dash? Mine had a bad diaphragm in the switch and for now its removed and connections plugged as I'm still working on it. Don't know a source for a replacement, let us know where you got it if thats the problem and you find it.

ranchand

No there isnt any air escaping and the gauge is working properly. I just bought the truck today! I went to look at it yesterday and the buzzer turned off as it should? Luckily there was a set of ear plugs in the gb or I would have lost my friggin mind LOl ( : Is there any way to disconect the buzzer?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's up under the dash a little to the right of the gear shift on the cowl. To disconnect the buzzer, just pull the wire off of the bottom of it...it's that simple

littlebob

it's up under the dash a little to the right of the gear shift on the cowl. To disconnect the buzzer, just pull the wire off of the bottom of it...it's that simple
It is that simple. Just make sure you fix it before you put it on the road again as
the difference in braking could cause an accident. I had a car lose ts booster and it was it was scary at only 1700lbs, Imagine 13,000.

ranchand

Yeah LB, I dont plan on having it on the road again until spring? Thanks for all the swift comments, this is one of the best forums ive seen and im into alot of stuff!

littlebob

Mine had a wire that ran from the sender to the buzzer that could be disconnected at either end (I think) I'm going to try an attach a picture of the sender under the dash about halfway between the steering column and the middle of the cab. Hope it helps

Attachments