• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air reservoir kit install

RAYZER

How much of a pain is it to climb under the truck to bleed the air tanks after shuting her down? I think that more often than not it dos'nt get done. heres a great solution to the problem, this makes it a snap,just pull on the ring for 15 sec. and presto, all that pent up air is gone! (had to addjust angle of valves to get the cables to line up on ring). cost of part: $34.87 + $4.95 shiping (ebay). time to install: 30 min. no more pain in the a** : priceless

Attachments

m109guy

I bought a set of pull-style drains at my local heavy truck store for $8 each. They are a standard size. Mine came with 6ft cables that you can cut depending on where you want them to come out. I have the cables coming out on the side of the truck by the pioneer tool rack for an easy pull each time.

Good cheap addition to any truck.

RAYZER

I bought a set of pull-style drains at my local heavy truck store for $8 each. They are a standard size. Mine came with 6ft cables that you can cut depending on where you want them to come out. I have the cables coming out on the side of the truck by the pioneer tool rack for an easy pull each time.

Good cheap addition to any truck.
wow, $8.00 ea., thats a good deal, cheaper than what i paid for mine, i think the ones i have are gov. issue for the application, i should have done the $8.00 one's.

m109guy

wow, $8.00 ea., thats a good deal, cheaper than what i paid for mine, i think the ones i have are gov. issue for the application, i should have done the $8.00 one's.
Yup they are not expensive and they are standard so there is no modification needed. All heavy truck places sell them, as do places like NAPA. Plus like I said before, they have very long cables that you can cut depending on your application. Which is nice as you can route them where ever you want.

I bought mine from an International dealership, but you can get them most anywhere.

You can get them from a place like that for your next deuce ;)

Nice install on your truck though. Great thing to have which will prolong the life of your air tanks!

Last edited: