• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Ride Plumbing

eldgenb

I am creating a build sheet for a bobbed 818 5 ton with air bags at all four corners, I will use windshield wiper valves to add and take air away to keep it looking legit. My question is that even though I will have separate valves for front to back but do I need separate ones for left to right as well or can I just run a T so they fill at the same rate and psi etc. My concern is that if they don't have their own valve that the axle may begin to oscillate a bit and bounce around and the T would allow the air to transfer from bag to bag. Any experience on this would be appreciated.
Eldgen.

eldgenb

thanks, I was just looking on ebay and noticed those valves but did not know what they were for specifically, thanks.

eldgenb

Wouldn't the shocks take up the oscillation? My concern would be while off road.
that's a good point, my logic behind that was limiting straps, that way if one tire drops the other will naturally compress and allowing the air to move freely between the two would allow it to articulate with little to no effort and with shocks in place it would slow the travel so I would think that it would be predictable that way.

eldgenb

that's a good point, my logic behind that was limiting straps, that way if one tire drops the other will naturally compress and allowing the air to move freely between the two would allow it to articulate with little to no effort and with shocks in place it would slow the travel so I would think that it would be predictable that way.
Although I am quoting myself, I was on the think tank and came to the conclusion that this would work if I left the front springs in for stability and then I could let the rear end walk all over with no problems but 4 corner air bags would probably be great on road but a death trap offroad. Please feel free to chime in with any solutions or ideas if you have any. I figure that is the reason its not an industry standard for trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks