• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Ride Seat base/platform

Jayco36REQS

Does anyone know where I can get an air ride seat base/platform? All of the salvage yards I've checked locally will only sell the seat with the plaform... I got new seats from an MRAP... but want an air ride base.

Anyone?

quickfarms

The problem is unless you have a relationship with the yard they will not let you pull the parts you are limited to what they sell.

How high of a base do you need? They are available in standard and low profile.

I might have a couple of extra low profile bases.

shadowdd

Does anyone know where I can get an air ride seat base/platform? All of the salvage yards I've checked locally will only sell the seat with the plaform... I got new seats from an MRAP... but want an air ride base.
You
Anyone?

I second that question... My seats will be here Tuesday and I would love to take the springer out!!! I'll let you know if I find some.

jw4x4

I replaced the spring on the original seat base with a bag from a Bostrom seat. Had to weld pieces of flat stock to retain the bag. Ran a tee from the parking brake air line to supply the bag. The seat is from a HMMWV. I love it. 932 seat 3.jpg932 seat 4.jpg

shadowdd

The problem is unless you have a relationship with the yard they will not let you pull the parts you are limited to what they sell.

How high of a base do you need? They are available in standard and low profile.

I might have a couple of extra low profile bases.

How tall are the low profile seat bases? I am just looking for something that is close to the same height. I'll have to measure my new seat base because I know it is a little thicker than the stock seat so a lower profile base might work,

Thanks,
Bryan

Jayco36REQS

I replaced the spring on the original seat base with a bag from a Bostrom seat. Had to weld pieces of flat stock to retain the bag. Ran a tee from the parking brake air line to supply the bag. The seat is from a HMMWV. I love it. View attachment 512860View attachment 512859
How tall is the bag from the Bostrom Seat? I have a pair of Air-Lift 2,000 leveler bags for 1/2 ton pickups on the shelf. I wonder if one of those would work?? **** good idea JW!!! If one of the Air-lift bags work, I'll let you guys know with pics!

btw... where did you get the air valve for raising and lowering the seat?

Thanks!!