• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air ride seat

jollygreen6x6

I finally got me a air ride seat for my M-54. Got it bolted in, working on hooking up air and seat belts. I'm thinkin it will make a serious difference :hop: I'd post pics, but I have none. I might take some later, we'll see.

jollygreen6x6

As far as installation is concerned, it was very simple. Bolt to floor, run air line. Done.
Where I got it? My dad brought it home from work because it was going to get torched and scrapped. He works at a Ford Truck dealership, and they scrap all sorts of perfectly good stuff. A customer had a new seat put in, and he grabbed the old one when the truck was picked up. Granted, it is a used seat, but a free Bostrom air ride seat is a free Bostrom air ride seat. He said a brand new one runs into the range of $750. Free or $750? $750 or free?
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM............
By the way, those seats like to set very(VERY) high up, as in that if you hit a bump, that steering wheel is going where you don't want it to go. I can actually set it high enough to use it as a steering lock. I got it adjusted low enough, and WOW. It would be worth it at $750. But, ya know, free is cool.