• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air ride seats for my Deuce

baxter

Toddm thanks for the reply i'll take a look at that. i hope mine fits without to much trouble I have a gamma goat steering column nice small wheel and I have it adjusted nicely.

baxter

I took a few photos of my air seat install. It went very well it fits perfect. I tied into the airshift switch and ran the line under the cab. i can open the door to the master cylinder with the seat slid back. The ride is so much nicer than the old spring seat.

Attachments

baxter

The install was pretty strait forward. I just had to drill new holes and run the air line. The only thing I did was make sure the slideing plate on the bottom of the seat is far enough back so that I can slide the seat back and access to the cover to the master cyl. If you dont mind where did you find your seats?

toddm

It was finally nice outside, so I hooked up an 8ft piece of 1/4" copper tubing underneath the floor to on the firewall under the hood. I only had to buy a few fittings and the copper tubing from Home Depot. I have a 3ft piece of fuel line protecting the copper tubing directly under the cab, then I just used 3/8" plastic wire loom for the rest. I did install a shutoff valve under the hood should I have to kill the air to the seats.

Attachments

rolling18

I'm trying to add my air ride now but cant figure out how to mount it!!
the seat itself fits fine BUT.....
how did you mount your base to the floor/?? espically with the tool box blocking access to where the bolt would go??
thanks!!
Marc

rolling18

how much did you find your seats for?
i just brought it home from Spalding parts in Spokane WA.
I paid $110 for nice condition Boston with 4 air adjustments and a couple other adjustments too!! with 2 adjustable arm rests!! VERY comfortable and fits nice

they have several other seats as well... about $70- 150 im working on how to mound it to the floor or plate now like the stocker.:???:

while I was up there I also pick up a heated adjustable moto-mirror- 12$
2 like new Grotte 8" spot mirrors $3 ea.
a set of semi- truck air horns $17 (heard a few b4 i picked these)

how that wasn't TMI heh happy thanks giving too!!:jumpin:.

Last edited:

rolling18

Does anyone have the Brand and Model number from a seat that is known to fit?
well mines about 10 years old but fits easily AND you can use ALL the adjustments
its Bostrom Talledega series 915 (from a freightliner)
hope it helps paid 105 from a wrecking yard has 3 air adjustments, 4 manual adjustments and 2 adjustable folding arm wrests!! loooove it!