• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air shift question

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see there is a kit called a air transfer lock kit, I assume this is the air shift for the front axel.
1. How do you tell if this kit will work on your truck?

2. Can you use lock out hubs with a non air shift transfer?

thanks

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
1. The only kits I've seen are meant to uprgrade/repair trucks that already have an airshift case.
2. while you can install lockouts on an nonairshift truck I doubt you wouldn't want to. the sprague would attempt to engage all the time.

Edited

houdel

Re: RE: Air shift question

BFR said:
2. while you can install lockouts on an airshift truck I doubt you wouldn't want to. the sprague would attempt to engage all the time.
Joel - did you mean to say "2. while you can install lockouts on an NON airshift truck I doubt you would want to. The sprague would attempt to engage all the time."

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Re: RE: Air shift question

houdel said:
BFR said:
2. while you can install lockouts on an airshift truck I doubt you wouldn't want to. the sprague would attempt to engage all the time.
Joel - did you mean to say "2. while you can install lockouts on an NON airshift truck I doubt you would want to. The sprague would attempt to engage all the time."
DOh!
that is what I meant... :oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks