• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air shift transfer case bearing

drileyg

hello, i have a 71 m35a2 with air shift t case. was wondering where to get the input shaft bearing. i can move it up and down about 3/8 inch. driveshaft bolts are good and tight. any ideas would be great. thanks

drileyg

are they hard to remove. do you have to take any more apart other than what you pictured. i shouldnt have to disassemble the tcase right.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if I found an input bearing that bad I would probably prefer to go through the entire case to check what else needs attention...!

Now, you don't have to separate the TC-housing halves if only that bearing was to be replaced. It should come out enough to be grabbed with a puller, after also removing the rear cover and bearing retaining ring and rocking the whole input shaft assembly in-out.

G.