• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Shift Transfer minimum pressure?

mudguppy

i searched through about 52 threads...

is there a minimum actuation pressure that the transfer requires in order for the air-shift to function adequately/properly?

since i don't need air for brakes anymore, i'm trying to design my air system on/off settings appropriately without having to wait to build, say, 120 psi. the air will only run the transfer (and maybe a horn?), so i was thinking that as low as 60+ psi would be plenty.

thoughts?

Katahdin

To find what PSIs work, you can supply regulated air from a shop compressor to the fitting under the dash and adjust/test as necessary.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think 60psi is enough, the low air buzzer is set to warn at 60. That is mainly for brakes though. Air piston is about 2 in dia, so at 60 psi it would have 188lbs engaging it. You can push the piston in by hand fairly easy.