• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air system questions

FreightTrain

Banned
So,are you guys tired of my questions yet?

What is the Gallon capacity of the air tanks and what is the CFM capacities of the twin cylinder compressor.What is the outlet sizes on the trucks air tanks?Thinking of installing a auxilary tank under the truck and a set of my train horns inside the tool box(only safe place I see since I can lock the box.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 7 GPM at 1,000 rpm.
The tanks are about 26 x 7 inches in size (cylindrical).
Several different size compression fittings, 1/4, 3/8 and one larger, don't know for sure, depending on where you make the connection.

westfolk

Nice idea. Did that to my Peterbilt 362. Make sure you isolate the tanks for the horns from the rest of the system. Rather that be a pressure valve that closes at around 80psi or a manual valve. The train horns take ALOT of air FAST. Before you know it you can drain your entire air system if you can't seperate the tanks from everything else. Not as big of problem with a duece as My Petercar(all my brakes will slam on). The duece will just have real hard braking until air comes back up. The technicals I don't know on CFM, etc., but it'll work.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interestingly, there is a check valve between the deuce tanks as part of the fording kit. The "dry" tank will not drain. Item #11 in the image below. This will help keep the systems pressurized in case of engine failure.

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
Thanks guys.I would mount my 60 gallon tank in the bed but I plan on buying a cracker box to slide in there in the near future(local yard priced me around $500 for one.Straight aluminum body with the exception of a few small holes where it looks like it was carefully laid on it's side and one fork lift puncture low in the body.Also,the Aluminum hinges were locked up and hard to move(one was broke).Other than that it would have made a great Redneck RV.