• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air tank fittings

otisroy

My wife's truck has a pinhole in one of the air tanks so I ordered a NOS tank. Got it and hopped under the truck to swap the tank out. I pulled the old tank and sat it on the table next to the new tank. Turns out the new tank is plumbed for way larger fittings at the ends, 3/4" in fact. The draincock threads looks like 3/8" vice the 1/4". Did I get the wrong tank?

If that's the right tank, does anyone have a line on where to get the 3/4" mpt to 3/8" compression elbows? Not a common item at the local hardware store.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not use "reducing bushings", to reduce the opening to the original diameter, then use the original fittings.

ARDUECE

let me look tomorrow. i have a bunch of fittings out of deuce air tanks. if i got what you need then u can have it just pay shipping. u need 3/4 npt by 3/8 comp right? u need elbows and tees?

otisroy

Doghead, I thought about it but there's not much clearance on the front side. I have the reducers for the draincock.

ARDEUCE, thanks. I'm 100% sure the pipe threads are 3/4. I'm pretty sure the compression fittings are 3/8. The air lines are 3/8 copper right?

jesusgatos

That sounds like an air tank out of a 5-ton. I got some of those to use on Mah Deuce, and they've got the big fittings just like yours. I'm using them to store fluids, so I was happy to find tanks with the larger fittings. I'd actually like to get a few more of them.

While we're all talking about tank fittings, one of the tanks I got has a plug in it with a square fitting, but it's not 1/4" or 3/8", More like 5/16", Is that common? Where can I get a tool to remove it?

goodguyzy

hey, im a plumber and deal with this stuff all the time, a 3/4 mip x 3/8 comp 90 is pretty common at most ace stores, if not try a plumbing supply house "ferguson" for ie. or a hydraulics supply shop
good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks