• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air valves

Gamagoat1

Where can I get the valves that are on the 2 1/2 and 5 ton emergency and service air systems? I've got a couple leaking and need to replace them.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Referring to the valve that's right in front of the gladhand? Where the hard line comes out of the frame rail?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I haved looked around for replacements, one of mine has a mild leak. I have not had any luck sourcing a correct replacement. I have been told that I can disassemble and clean/rehab them.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are comercial ones availiable. They differ some in abberanve though. Otherwise, they are usually around on old vehicles, etc. I have noticed, they dont have a real high depamd, unless you need one.

Lee in Alaska

cbvet

They look like common brass valves as used on natural & LP gas systems in homes.
I'll bet if you took one off & took it to a REAL hardware store, they could match it up.
If it were me, I'd just use current type ball valves.
Eric
CBVET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks