• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air wiper valve not valving

winfred

my old valve was crudded up and i broke it taking it apart so i scored a NOS valve and this thing won't pass a fart, both motors are new and work fine off a bicycle pump hooked to the base of the windshield hose and i changed all of the rubber lines, it turns out but only blows enough to bubble some spit on the end of the pipe, i get a crap valve? tried searching but didn't come up with much besides servicing the motors

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you turning it the correct direction to open it?

winfred

pipe to valve is clear as i vented the air system though it when i pulled the original valve while it was charged, shouldn't break this one now i know that little screw is inside. would've bought a hardware store valve if id known the $44 valve wasn't gonna work properly

"Are you turning it the correct direction to open it?"

doesn't work at either end of travel

winfred

valve fundamentally screwed, not sure who copied the original design but they changed the internal/hardware dimensions enough that air does not effectively pass though, the retainer screw that keeps you from completely backing the valve core out seals the intake port off, some drill and lathe work later and its now massively unreliable. gonna toss it in the fitting drawer and score a needle water valve like i should've bought from the start

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks