• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aircraft landing lights on headache rack

gingwhaa

These worked pretty good on the M35. The lights are par 64 1000 watt halogen 28 volt. The cans are cut down stage lights that smelled like cigarette smoke. I used a 12v starter relay off first battery and put a rocker switch by the front diff lock in cab. Lights are 500000 lumens each. 70 amp draw on system when on. IMG_20210508_072122_4[1].jpg

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I use type 4557 lamps. They have two filaments, 400W/1000W.

No LED light can even get close to the beam on these.

DG

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure deal, planes landing causes a lot more hours on the lamps, but one doesn't get many opportunities to run the killers that much. I've only had one burn out over the years.

DG

charlesmann

Iv got some CH-46 land/search lights in their buckets and a thrust lever with the search light controls.
My plan was to use them on my civi truck, but this gives an idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks