• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aircraft tugs

monkster

I Have tug that came Scott Field from the Late 60s early 70s. I want to post some pics but can not get them to down load. We traded the Air Force some fertilizer spreaders to spread salt and we got this tug. We used it and abused it, and this is whats left, if I could get some pics to take.

SPCWarning

1010plowboy just posted pics of one just like this that looks pristine in the "MV Spotted" thread. That would be a show stopper in a parade or MV show. It's sharp in a different way.

monkster

I have more pics, there has to be a easier way. We nick named her bertha (bertha butt boogy song had just came out) She is fired by a 6 cly Buda gas fired motor (locked) w/ a two speed transfer (missing rear axle). We cleared 50A and used it to pull stumps and logs.

Attachments

M813A1

Here at Tinker AFB there are two of those tugs and they have been converted into mobile Blast fences . They have filled the cabs wth concrete and tow them around the ramp to the engine run areas. The tugs are named Big Moe and Little Joe !! I will try and get photos when I see them again

Last edited:

monkster

I thank I may have rear axle but if can rember we ether strip the ring gear or broke a axle. I can see it being used as a blast fence, fully weighted she would be at 20000#. We have been using the weight with the staps for anvil.

pwrwagonfire

I'm sorry if this is an ignorant question...but what would the rear cab doors be for? I'm assuming a bench seat for the pilots of the aircraft being towed?

The suicide doors are really cool...the shape of the cab almost looks like a civilian power wagon cab as well!