• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aircraft tugs

M813A1

Guess # 1 the second seat is for the ground crew , and wing walkers or Guess #2 is for the driver to change seats to change the direction you were driving in. These are my guess

Jones

Here's another view. My info says it'a a Coleman.
These were all over McClellan AFB (Sacramento, Calif.) in the early 50s.
The rear facing seat was for the observers so they could keep an eye on what they were towing; namely, B-36s and XC-99s. Neither of which is a tiny airplane. See pictures.

Attachments

monkster

I wish I had the sole vote in the matter, but I didnt. To my Dad and Uncles defence the cab was rusted beyond repair,eng locked, rear axle gone, one whole spring stack broke. She had set in the same spot since the middle 70s. TT11 (aka Bertha was in really in bad shape. I posted this as memorial and a permanent rememberance. This thing was part of my youth growing up in the 60s riding in backwards seat watching stumps and logs pulled around with ease. I really hated to see her go, but I wasn't going to fix it and didnt have all the parts need to. Some things are tough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks