• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airlift Bumper question

Thumper580

If I add an airlift bumper to my M1123 do I need the pintle extension bracket or is that for a different application? With an airlift bumper it looks like the pintle attaches to to the bumper with the reinforcement plate. Thanks.

BLK HMMWV

If I add an airlift bumper to my M1123 do I need the pintle extension bracket or is that for a different application? With an airlift bumper it looks like the pintle attaches to to the bumper with the reinforcement plate. Thanks.
I believe the pintle extension bracket is for when you have the rhino tire carrier on rear air lift bumper.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
pintle extension is mostly for if you have a shelter that overhangs the rear of the truck, or some of the GMVs needed them because of the rear platform. Or, as mentioned above, the tire carrier installed.

For a standard truck with the standard airlift bumper and no tire carrier, no extensions are needed.

With Rhino mount
images.jpg

Standard install no tire carrier (appears to be missing a few bolts though)
85AmGeneralHumvee_0k_bumper.jpg

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed the airlift bumper and the rhino without the extension. Simply because i dont think its nessesary on the road. If you plan to use the NATO-pintle offroad... better install the extension.. if not, i think it is not nessesery.
I Installed additional to the NATO-pintle (it is not installed in the picture) a regular 2" trailer hitch receiver. This one is lower. (see picture)BA2239AA-C8AC-4BF0-87EA-01671A001E35_1_105_c.jpeg

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The extension comes in real handy when it comes to hooking up a trailer. I have the class three hitch hooked up to the original location on the airlift bumper and have a 10" drop Alumistinger hitch.

With this combo I can hook up to just about any trailer with ease. .

Mark

rear hmmwv.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pintle extension is only used for the shelter carriers and I have seen them on a local unit towing howitzers.

It can be used with it or without the reinforcement plate

Also can be used with the tire carrier and all 3 pieces. Never designed this way but doable.
You would have to fab up the stop bracket and use some require longer bolts than called for.

Pics on juan's m998

I 2nd makes towing a lunette trailer much easier.
I also like having extra metal in the rear in case of an accident.....
Ymmv

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My pintle extension is specifically for illegal alien uninsured drivers who have been licensed to drive by NYC Democraps. It provides solid rear protection.

I’m serious. Illegal aliens are granted drivers’ licenses by this idiot sanctuary city.

I almost want to upgrade to full armor and add a cupula to my turret.

The pintle extension is very cheap rear collision protection, but it makes parallel parking a bi4c#.

rolling18

I installed the airlift bumper and the rhino without the extension. Simply because i dont think its nessesary on the road. If you plan to use the NATO-pintle offroad... better install the extension.. if not, i think it is not nessesery.
I Installed additional to the NATO-pintle (it is not installed in the picture) a regular 2" trailer hitch receiver. This one is lower. (see picture)View attachment 889382
side question..:
where di you get the cold weather insulated rear curtain???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks