• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

airpack blowing off pressure and fluid

kwiksilver

I couldnt find this in the search...
For the past week or so I have been getting a brake fluid smell in the cab of the truck. Now for the past couple of days I have a "half" pedal but can bring the pedal to the top with one pump. So, today someone flags me and says I have no brake lights. When I get home I have the truck off and am pressing the brake to check the lights. When I let the brake pedal up I get a whoosh sound (air) under the hood and and brake fluid is spraying out of the vent between the air breather can and the block (the one with the threaded fitting going to nothing). Can this be fixed by rebuilding the airpack? Or, is there a quicker fix. The brakes work fine otherwise. no leaks

woodywood

Private
airpack is sticking got one valve that is not releasing i got lucky and took mine apart and cleaned it and put it back together worked fine! check valve is letting air go back through master cylinder and blowing fluid out!dont know much but been there done that!would have the t-shirt but i am 2 cheap!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had the same thing happen. I replaced the air pack and problem solved.

I also decided, while I was "right there", to rebuild the master cylinder(takes about 30 minutes more).

I am so glad I did, I found sludge inside the piston area, and I would have never known it was there and it could have gone right in to the new airpack. Spend less than $40 more and rebuild your MC while your at it. You wont regret it.

rlwm211

For as important as the air pack is in the braking system, I would either rebuild it, or replace it if you cannot rebuild it. I also recommend as DOGHEAD said, to rebuild the master cylinder at the same time.

If either fail, you have no brakes and safety should be the primary issue that you address when working on brakes, and especially in a deuce.

RL

Barrman

Yep, rebuild both while you are doing the air pack that needs it done. You have the long or short airpack? Long style has rebuild kits on ebay and at vendors for less than $100. The -20 walks you through the rebuild step by step. Very easy to follow.

Master rebuild is super simple and the kits area around $12 from most vendors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks