• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airpack Compensator cup seal replacement

cbvet

Working on my first airpack rebuild.
TM says to replace cup seal & felt washer on compensator.
Kit I got doesn't have the 1.5" OD cup seal, & the strip of felt is about 2.5" long, but the old one is 4".
Dealer I got the kit from says it's the common kit for a "long" airpack, that he sells a lot of.
Does anyone recall whether the kits they've gotten have had those seals?

ducer

I would call a different vendor and see what is contained in their kit. If their kit contains the necessary parts then hold the company you bought from over the fire to get the necessary correct parts. By any chance do you have this truck parked at the VFW on Heaton street in Knox sonetimes? I live in Ober on 23.

Denny

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any self respecting repair kit should come with a list of its content, I know mine did, but that was 12 years ago. Got it from Memphis. Here is a picture that I believe applies (from your description).2002 0113 airpak pictures (2a).jpg

It is possible that the parts of the slave cylinder simply stick from non-use and lack of lubrication, so all you need to do is clean and re-assemble (without installing new seals etc).

Last edited:

cbvet

Yup, that's the compensator with seals.
I sent the dealer pictures & TM pages. He is sending the missing parts ASAP.
He looked through the kits he has on hand, and they all have the seals I'm missing included.
When I originally opened the package, it was on a 2" deep tray, so I'm sure I didn't lose anything.
Anyway, parts are on the way.
Thanks for the replies!

cbvet

Got the rest of my air pack parts, but I have 3 items left!
1-Snap ring which I saw no use for.
2- O ring which some drawings show possibly installed on the shaft bushing & some don't. I left it out because my air pack didn't have one when I took it apart, & I really couldn't see what purpose it would serve. I thought the drawing might be referring to the thin O ring that goes between the slave cylinder & the gasket. Thin O ring isn't shown in any of the deawings I've seen.
3. Cup seal. Nothing like it in my air pack.

Looking at the drawing in Bjorn's MVM magazine, there are some differences in my air pack from the one shown.

Anybody know what these "extra" parts are for?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks