• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airpack Rebuild Warning.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The following attachment is from TM 9-2320-209-34-2-1. This is the commonly available TM in PDF format that has rebuilding instructions for the air pack. The attachment is a page right from that TM. The "Note" at the top explains the difference between the piston cup and pushrod seal. The TM says the piston cup has the larger hole (see item 2). This is wrong. The pushrod seal has the larger hole and the piston cup has the smaller hole. This should help those rebuilding airpacks.

Attachments

AKJEEP

Would this be a potential reason that after the rebuild, my brake pedal is hard as a rock but if you let off your foot a little, then the pedal will go down?

deloit

Cranetruck, thanks for that comment. My brake problems have been killing me. Whenever I would drain the air tank I had a lot of water that would smell like brake fluid. That could be one of my problems. Again thanks.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently too costly and/or overqualified. The m656/xm757 trucks were designed for the Pershing missile system to replace the tracked vehicles used before them. Ford built the 8x8s and Martin Marietta was the prime contractor for the Pershing system.
Ford did show other variants on paper.

Attachments

Rocco

Oh thats why I have an extra part, Part number 1 push rod seal.
I took the old one apart and rebuilt it but it did not have the part # 1 push rod seal, in it.
well at least i did not put it on the truck yet.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone say where was the article for doing away with the master cyl. vent tube and routing it up to a small fluid reservoir in the cab behind the driver seat? Who did that?

thehaas

installed new master cyl .could not get brake pedal no air in lines .replaced air pack works perfect.took old one apart to inspect looks like if slight scores are in air pack cylinder bores new seals will not do to much.before inspected brakes every thing seemed ok but more you look more you find.broken hold down clips for shoes copper brake lines bad wheel bearings oil on shoes.just got done adjusting brakes with feeler gage.my first m35a2 really met and talked to some great people

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks