• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AL to VA/NC/MD: Need seats in crates hauled

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all,

A few of us 939-series truck guys went in together to get a lot of 4 seats in AL. They are at Redstone right now and will need picked up ASAP and hauled to the east coast. The seats are in individual palletized, crates. Each crate measures [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]31" x 31" x 44" (L x W x H) and they weigh approximately 340 lbs total. I posted a while back looking for someone to go from LA to GA and there were several folks that make that trip. Anyone coming through AL anytime soon that could bring those seats with you? We would be happy to assist with fuel costs!

Thanks!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get them to SC, I can take them all the way to Washington DC at the end of the month. I'm also traveling to Norfolk, VA in 2 weeks.

Or if they can get close to SC, I maybe able to go get them and bring them up.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad this wasn't a couple days ago. Redstone is only about 1.5 hours away and I was just in Augusta GA (awful close to Ferro's).:roll:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Day late and a few hundred miles short...
Ain't that the truth! Thanks for volunteering, Adam. Hopefully someone else will chime in to get them from AL to SC. I love the SS Shuffle! :-D

I am looking forward to getting one bolted in the 925A2. Anything will work better than wood blocks!! :twisted:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am still working the SS Supply Train to get these seats. Please PM me if you are going to Redstone or are passing by anywhere close to there and are headed east. I can pay fuel to make it worth you going out of your way. Thanks!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Kyle. We have about 2 weeks to get them out of there. We're in the process of getting some shipping quotes just in case.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Richard. I will definitely keep you in mind. I'm guessing you could only fit 2 crates in your truck at a time. We would want to keep them crated for protection.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris,
If you can get Richard to pick them up, I can get them from him right before Christmas. I have to go to the northside of Atlanta and could get them to either Clinto or BFR if you can get them to take them the rest of the way to Ferro. I am currently back in New Orleans and can't do anything before the 19-20th.
Jim

KI4GSN

I just now looked at the dimensions, and also remembered that i'll be headed up to Easton, MD soon, probably sometime in January. They'd probably fit in the back of the F350, so if no one else can get them up north by then i'd be more than happy to take them with me. The closer we could get them to High Point the easier it would be for me, but i'm flexible. There's a slim possibility I could make the trip to pick them up if Richard couldn't.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks everyone. We got a pretty reasonable shipping quote today so we may be going that route if it meets everyone's approval. I will post back to let you know. Otherwise, it will be a Richard to Jim to Adam and possibly to Kyle shuffle. Outstanding!