• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alabama meet and greet

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I've been to gray rock twice. Both times I went to rock crawl with my jeep. The first trip, I hauled my jeep in back of the deuce. There are several trails called "bunny slopes" that a deuce could navigate. The area is large as it is owned by a guy who owns the adjacent rock quary. Some trails have obstacles that a deuce could never go up but also have "go arounds."

The last trip, the owner took us on a night ride off the property and down some nice roads a deuce could roll on to a river that we forded. The river had a hard bottom and was about 3 feet deep. Easy drive for a deuce. The owner has a deuce under a pavalion shelter that he uses for rides to the river with his family. The park is a private park and can be reserved for a weekend get away.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My legend preceeds me :).

Freightrain lies like a bad rug.
I do work on my own vehicles and am helping him murder a good running truck to repair the vehicles in his canibalization yard.
I am now located between Collinsville and Gadsden.
If there is enough interest we may host a small rally here. We have 43 acres up on the mountain near Noccaloola Falls.
There are plenty of country roads to have a convoy on and we are near an offroad park.
A weekend in April sounds good if we get enough folks signed on. The weather would be warm in the daytime and cool enough for a campfire at night.
Sign on below if interested, add which weekend is best and the most popular will be it.

jrou111

I'm on the south side of Birmingham in the Hoover/Pelham area. I would definately like to meet up with some folks in North Alabama. And I would LOVE to go to gray rock.

BTW, we also can camp and ride the trails at Talladega National Forest for free.

jward1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
meets

hey sergeant or any body else, we have a trailride and meet twice a year one in march 19-22 in samson al. south going toward defuniak spring fl. camping, riding, call 313-6040 lamar rowland at just-loafing rv park.
hey all i'm at fort rucker alabama right now. tho i have no trucks down here with me.. :(

Last edited:

odonnys

JB do you have any more intel on the show in Mobile? I went to the USS Alabama website and there was no mention of it on their events calendar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks