• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alarm Install Question

SuperchargedRS

As I wait for all the stuff that I ordered for my truck to get in I have figured that I would be dumb not to get a better security system that the stupid clattery chain below my seat, which I will retire..

THE ALARM I just picked up (or got online rather) a new Viper 791XV, I plan on installing it to work with the power locks I got for the truck, not to mention the remote start and two way pager feature will be nice.

---->My question is this where are do the wires go from the door switched (i.e. the ones that would turn the dome light on, *see pic)???

----->Second question, in the second pic, is that where a dome light went?

*I know I will have to install an OEM type switch for the rear tailgate (maybe hook it into the dome light?) and one for the hood.

Attachments

gt1009

I'm not sure, but I think that the two spots that you suggested for dome lights were used for that purpose in the civilian models of our blazers. I'm not even sure if there is wiring in your door, because the gov might have decided to leave that out as a cost saver.

SuperchargedRS

I am going to have to do some wireing in the doors anyway for the power windows and locks, so I guess I might have to get a little more wire, along with having the dealer fax me a wireing chart to get this thing looking OEM.

I dont think there is any wire for the doam lights, but ti seems odd that they would install the switches and not wire them.

Elwenil

I don't believe that is an electrical switch. I think that is the release for the seatbelts so they will retract when the door is opened. The door jamb switch should be in the hinge area and should look something like this:

Attachments

ida34

There is no jamb switch on the cucv. It has to be added and should be to the front of the door frame. I think there is a small flat area on the door that will tell you where the hole for the switch should go. The flat spot is where the switch contacts the door. I will try to take photos and post if needed. Those other holes are the ones for the overhead lights.

SuperchargedRS

Ok, thought that looked a little odd for a switch, if anyone has any pics of that blockout plate that would help, I will further investigate on the truck in the morning.