• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alaska MV owners...equipment ID for my ALCAN Trailer

Mike_Pop

Anybody with pictures of the building or maintenance of the ALCAN Highway? I have a trailer with 341 Engineering Co & ALCAN HWY DIV markings. It's a great trailer but has no data plate. I'm thinking it is a civilian conversion. However, it is supposed to have three ramps for a specialized piece of equipment. Probably something with three wheels. I'm trying to figure out what the equipment was. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Yes, I've got pix of building the Alcan. Taking a quick look, I see no trailers like yours. Though not in the Alcan file, I've also got photos of a three-wheeled air-driven rock drill. Sort of a drill-press on wheels (wheels like the rear wheel of a bush-hog type of wheel).

HTH,
DD

Mike_Pop

Can you post photos or email them to me? MPop5555@aol.com

This trailer is very unique in that it has WWII style rims. The body is in great shape so it may have been kept in a garage all of it's life. I estimate it's age as pre 1950, possilby 1940's when the highway was built. If I can get a photo of a 3 wheeled piece of equipment that would fit, it would help me determine it's age.

Many thanks!