• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All CTIS lights on when running, no flashing error, no air leaks, nothing happening.

SirKen

I've read several TM and posts with many descriptions on what to do when certain lights are flashing on the CTIS control panel.

When I bought my M923A2 all of the tire valve hoses at the tire were unscrewed and left hanging there. Valve stem seals had been placed into each tire valve stem and I can fill the tires from outside with a regular air compressor.

The twist in connector at the rear of the control unit in the cab was unscrewed and just hanging under the dash.

With the truck powered off and not running, I reconnected the twist in cable at the rear of the control box located in the cab of the truck.

Powered up the truck, started the truck, raised both of the air tanks to 120 psi. Looked down at the CTIS control panel and all the light are on, no flashing, hitting the various settings buttons on the control panel make no noticeable changes. No air is flowing out of the CTIS system hoses where the were connected to the tire valve stem.

I turned the truck off and climbed underneath to listen for any air leaks or disconnected air lines or electrical wires. Seems that everything under the truck is where it is suppose to be other than the last hose that connects to the tire valve... no air coming out there either.

Seems to me that air should be blasting out of each of the hoses at the tire valve stem connects but I got nothing.

Is there a master switch somewhere or fuse I am missing. Everything else on the truck is working ok, just no luck on the CTIS. Everything is there just.... nothing happening.

MtnSnow

My bet is the Air Switch for the CTIS is broken (It is located on the wet tank usually next to the PPV) When the air switch is not working correctly the system will light but will not allow the PCU to open the inflate solenoid. Think of it like the PPV is for the wipers etc.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've read several TM and posts with many descriptions on what to do when certain lights are flashing on the CTIS control panel.

When I bought my M923A2 all of the tire valve hoses at the tire were unscrewed and left hanging there. Valve stem seals had been placed into each tire valve stem and I can fill the tires from outside with a regular air compressor.

The twist in connector at the rear of the control unit in the cab was unscrewed and just hanging under the dash.

With the truck powered off and not running, I reconnected the twist in cable at the rear of the control box located in the cab of the truck.

Powered up the truck, started the truck, raised both of the air tanks to 120 psi. Looked down at the CTIS control panel and all the light are on, no flashing, hitting the various settings buttons on the control panel make no noticeable changes. No air is flowing out of the CTIS system hoses where the were connected to the tire valve stem.

I turned the truck off and climbed underneath to listen for any air leaks or disconnected air lines or electrical wires. Seems that everything under the truck is where it is suppose to be other than the last hose that connects to the tire valve... no air coming out there either.

Seems to me that air should be blasting out of each of the hoses at the tire valve stem connects but I got nothing.

Is there a master switch somewhere or fuse I am missing. Everything else on the truck is working ok, just no luck on the CTIS. Everything is there just.... nothing happening.
First thing you should do is remove all of the valve cores and reconnect all of the hoses. Then be sure all tires are inflated to the same pressure (say 50 psi). Start your truck and see if it does a pressure check. It will not work with a hose disconnected.

Plugugly

I just fixed a leak in mine, and like you'll find in other threads a huge help is a glad hand-to-air compressor adapter. Your CTIS wants to see certain things before it will even try to work, 18-32v and 120psi. While I looked back through the TM's and stuff from Spicer I got off here and couldn't find anything about 5 solid lights either, I think you'll be better off if you can control the things it wants to see. It's also a lot easier to find leaks with the truck off. My leak was a wheel valve, but even with air in the tanks the CTIS doesn't try to send air to the wheels unless it sees 120psi. The compressor keeps that input correct so it will try to send air to the wheels. connect it to your red gladhand on the drivers side up front. Make sure you have 24v, too.

Two things I might try from the manual are holding the HWY and RUN FLAT to see it resets the display like it's supposed to for the "Lights Sequentially Flashing" error, and pinning out your connector cable. Maybe someone swapped a pin (like the one for your lights?) and that's why you're getting solid lights and something else isn't working. ****, try it with the lights on and see if that theory works.