• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All dressed up Deuce ride

MDSA

My son is home after finishing his first year at the US Air Force Academy. Saturday there was a formal reception in Hickory, NC for him and the new appointees, and my son wanted to arrive in the Deuce. As chauffer for a formal affair I wore a suit and tie and David wore his dress blues. I felt we got a few extra strange stares going down I-40 - 2 guys in ties in a Deuce.

Also, I found this other picture of the boat ramp at Lake James near Morganton, NC.

Attachments

wsucougarx

Brian, please thank your son for his service to our Country!! Brian thank you for raising such a high caliber son, I know it's not easy to make it in the academies, let alone the USAF Academy.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I felt we got a few extra strange stares going down I-40 - 2 guys in ties in a Deuce.
Nothing wrong with that! :) In my nearly 30 years in the AF, I logged a lot of miles in an MV while wearing my blues. Never drove one off a dock, though!

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Oh...I forgot to congratulate your son on completing the first step toward becoming an officer in the USAF. I'd also like to offer him a word of advice: "After receiving your commission, always treat your NCOs with dignity,ask for their advice when needed, and respect their suggestions. They can make or break your career."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks