• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alliance Air Show Oct 6/7

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alliance Air Show Oct 6/7 in Ft Worth, Texas

I went to the Alliance Airport today and met with Christian who took me on a tour of the Alliance Airport, and showed me a space for our club to display our vehicles.

It's about 100 feet wide and almost 600 feet long.

NOW all we have to do is fill that space with our vehicles and other gear. We can use as little or as much as we like. And they are close, but not next to, the Porta potties. A good thing for this old man. Nothing worse than having to wander all over to find a place to uh... relieve yourself.

It's on the north end of the air show, up against one of what will be a closed runway. The active runway will be two runways west of us.

The runway that we will be next to will have the Thunderbirds and the Snowbirds on display unless they are flying. Should prove to be an interesting spot.

And we will be next to all the large vendor tents on the west side of the air show.

If you live in the DFW area and want to come out and see us, we would LOVE to have you stop by. If you want to join our club and display your vehicle, I need to hear from you pretty quickly.

For all the MVCC members, we will be needing to fill out some kind of paperwork that I do not have yet. I hope we will get as many members as is possible.

So, as soon as I get the paperwork needed for the airshow, I WILL send it out to all MVCC members.

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have ten vehicles saying they will attend. Though we have not heard from four members, so the numbers could go up.

It's going to be a fun time. Can't wait to have all the club out at the Alliance Air Show in three weeks.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went over to the Alliance airport today and picked up our parking passes and our ramp passes as well.

Then we toured the air show area. They will be moving the kids play area from the south portion of the ramp to the northern area of the ramp.

ALL the parents and their kids will basically have to go THROUGH our area to get to the play area. So that means LOTS of foot traffic through our display.

It is going to be a cool day on Saturday and a bit warmer day on Sunday. Their weather guy says that they are not expecting rain, though there is a possibility.

Hope to see all our club members and families on Friday to set our display and then sit back and enjoy the show on Saturday and Sunday. The air show planes will be practicing on Friday. Always a very interesting day to watch these guys go through their paces.

I sent out an email to all club members. Check your email.

see you at the air show

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we did the air show setup today. We got eight trucks and two trailers to display.

I'll have pix on Sunday evening or Monday morning.

Looking forward to a great show. I hope the weather holds.

See you there.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The day dawned cold (low fifties) and windy (15 mph) with low clouds.

The ceiling was 1400 ft. so most of the planes flew their 'low profile' shows

we looked pretty good and had LOTS of traffic - especially given the weather

tomorrow it is supposed to be clear and much warmer (mid/hi sixties)

yeah, yeah - a few pix - I'll post more tomorrow or Monday

HOW DO YOU MAKE A B-52 LOOK SMALL?
View attachment 366412

Park it next to a C-5 Galaxy
View attachment 366413

C47 was going to have Canadian parachute team jump, but the ceiling was too low
View attachment 366419

Two CUCV's and our camo netting hang out
View attachment 366415

eight trucks, two trailers
View attachment 366416

the deuces
View attachment 366418

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a great time we had. Three days of MV's, planes and people.

I think we will have two or three new members from this one show.

LOADS of fun.

It was still cold (57 degree) but the wind was low (5 - 10 mph) and the ceiling was much higher (6700 ft) so they all did their medium high show and the Canadian jump teams did two jumps today.

It's going take me a day or two to go through all the pix I took plus the ones another member took - I took over 225 shots as did the other member that I just downloaded tonight onto my computer from his disk out of his camera.

So, a small taste of other pix coming up soon...

Richards 'SADDAMS NIGHTMARE' 1971 KAISER
View attachment 366674

Bryans M35A2
View attachment 366675

The Brits and the Champ and Mark and his 1942 Chevrolet
View attachment 366676

My M1028A2 dually
View attachment 366677

My M1009 Blazer
View attachment 366678

more pix coming in the next day or two - I promise

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a beauty for sure. And that looks like a mobile launcher in the background.

Both are sweet.

I have yet to winnow down ALL the pictures of the planes. Probably have over three hundred of those. In the next few days, I'll have that done and I'll post more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks