• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the FEMTT last Saturday at the Arizona Military Vehicle Show.

femtt.jpg

On Friday morning, I got to drive the FEMTT again. Soni and I cruised around I-10 in the carpool lane in the nice quiet new Oshkosh cab. It is really a neat truck and is very easy to drive. Soni said that he should tell people that its a bobbed HEMTT, but he got confused and bobbed the wrong end. Then we laughed about how goofy a HEMTT with 2 front axles and 1 rear axle would look. :)

M920

A "Pipe Organ" Display of Military Truck Tractors.....

Here are a few pics from my trip to Phoenix last weekend, to attend the annual 'Arizona Military Vehicle Show'. The FEMTT rode nicely on the M870A1 and the M920A1 had no fuss pulling it.:driver:

It was an awesome show and Matt Lane, in charge of parking, put on a great "Pipe Organ" display of Military Truck Tractors! As you can see from the pic though.....the FEMTT is by far the shortest..... :(

They are from left to right:

XM916 FEMTT, M915A1, M916 LET, M920A1/M870A1 MET, M1070 HET

It was really cool to see them all lined up next to each other.....

Soni

Attachments

rickf

Why did you have to post those pictures? Its 10 degrees below zero here in St Paul.
Pete
I was going to say the same thing, T-Shirts!!!!!! I am here freezing my gonads off and he is posting pic's of people in T-shirts.:shock:
But you know what guy's, Soni built that thing in weather cold enough to keep most of us cooped up indoors all winter so he deserves the warm weather.
I'll just sit here and be envious, of the weather AND the truck.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya , BUT he MISSES all that fun PLOWING SNOW on the JD when it is in the MINUS numbers !!!!! so there , so there LOL !!! still here , still cold in BUFFALO , BTW , wish I was THERE , great pictures , bob k

M920

The FEMTT in the (Carpool) lane......

Oh....I almost forgot to mention that when Matt and I had to go back to get his HET, he drove the FEMTT and proved to me that the 'F' in 'FEMTT' was actually justified!

Not only did he keep up with rush hour traffic on I-10, but he actually used the 'HOV' lane! lol

I'm not sure about you guys, but looking at the first pic.....I think he was really enjoying himself, passing all the traffic.....:naner:

Soni

Attachments

Last edited:

M920

I'm guessing you got a whole lot of, "What the hail is that?"
It was funny, because quite a few people just thought that it was a HEMTT and did not realized that it was 'only' a 6x6!
Seems like it has enough of 'the look' of a HEMTT that even a former '88 Mike' guy, that was talking to me about the FEMTT, did not realized until after I had mentioned it, that this truck was actually "missing a front axle"!!! :beer:

Soni

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It was funny, because quite a few people just thought that it was a HEMTT and did not realized that it was 'only' a 6x6!
Seems like it has enough of 'the look' of a HEMTT that even a former '88 Mike' guy, that was talking to me about the FEMTT, did not realized until after I had mentioned it, that this truck was actually "missing a front axle"!!! :beer:

Soni
I'm sure you get the same looks I get when I drive around. Lots of heads that duck down in windshields and follow its course the entire way around, ignoring the road LOL! Local PD officer was helping a motorist at an intersection yesterday. I caught him stop still and stand upright and tilt his head as I turned the corner.

Yup, I won't be speeding or anything illegal in this MV! They're already watching!

rickf

I'm sure you get the same looks I get when I drive around. Lots of heads that duck down in windshields and follow its course the entire way around, ignoring the road LOL! Local PD officer was helping a motorist at an intersection yesterday. I caught him stop still and stand upright and tilt his head as I turned the corner.

Yup, I won't be speeding or anything illegal in this MV! They're already watching!
You need to start a picture thread with yours now. We can have a competition.:twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks