• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison MT654CR Not Shifting

Flatlander

Hello, I'm posting this for a local volunteer fire department that is having some issues with their brush truck. The truck is an M923A1. The truck starts and runs fine, however the transmission won't shift into any gear. The driveshafts don't move at all. I've read that it could be the shift cable, or maybe a sheared off pin attached to the cable inside the transmission. Any other suggestions?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello, I'm posting this for a local volunteer fire department that is having some issues with their brush truck. The truck is an M923A1. The truck starts and runs fine, however the transmission won't shift into any gear. The driveshafts don't move at all. I've read that it could be the shift cable, or maybe a sheared off pin attached to the cable inside the transmission. Any other suggestions?
Take the cable off the transmission arm on the trans and see if you can shift it into gear by hand. Best place to start.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks