• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison Transmission Info

Ronmar

Yes, I believe those ratios from the Allison 3700 brochure are for the trans and transfer combined. The transfer adds that 1.2:1 to ALL the gears output from the transmission(1-7 and R) 1st gear is generated in the transmission, as it must be to drive the P3 planetary carrier which drives the primary gear in the transfer case.

Looking at the ratios for reverse though, I just realized there must be difference in the P3 ratios between the 3060 and the 3700. it is shown as 5.03:1 for the 3060(without 1.2 from the transfer) and 5.0 on the 3700(with 1.2 added from its transfer). So either our reverse is actually 6.03:1 Or the output from the transmission is a lower ratio in reverse to get the 5.0 after the 1.2 is added... let me look up some part numbers and see if I can find some tooth counts to answer this question...

coachgeo

Yes, I believe those ratios from the Allison 3700 brochure are for the trans and transfer combined. The transfer adds that 1.2:1 to ALL the gears output from the transmission(1-7 and R) 1st gear is generated in the transmission, as it must be to drive the P3 planetary carrier which drives the primary gear in the transfer case.

Looking at the ratios for reverse though, I just realized there must be difference in the P3 ratios between the 3060 and the 3700. it is shown as 5.03:1 for the 3060(without 1.2 from the transfer) and 5.0 on the 3700(with 1.2 added from its transfer). So either our reverse is actually 6.03:1 Or the output from the transmission is a lower ratio in reverse to get the 5.0 after the 1.2 is added... let me look up some part numbers and see if I can find some tooth counts to answer this question...
old thread..... Ron maybe you can do this when weather has you stuck from working on your new house.

what advantage if any is there for the different ratio in reverse?