• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

almost done

jimbo66348

Thanks men. I plan on taking it to Texas to work in the oil fields, or on ranches, where others fear to tread. I have 66 ft. on main boom, and 27 ft. on jib, for a total of 93' hook height. Having a second shoulder surgery next week, so I will be out of commission till I take my cdl test in it. I already have the dmv people trying to figure out how I can pull a trailer with it, as it has no protection valve or trolly brake!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I already have the dmv people trying to figure out how I can pull a trailer with it, as it has no protection valve or trolly brake!
Not sure what the DMV can do, but if you find a 931 tractor, you can pull the whammy bar(trolly brake) out and install it in your truck. I bet it would have a pressure protection valve too.

quickfarms

Not sure what the DMV can do, but if you find a 931 tractor, you can pull the whammy bar(trolly brake) out and install it in your truck. I bet it would have a pressure protection valve too.
I would not worry about the DMV

I would worry about the DOT

A tractor protection valve is required.

jimbo66348

I have all of the TPS parts coming. I believe that it's better to do it right, and not need it; then to need it , and not have it! I bought the crane, as a whole operating truck back in 07 when the market was busy, and there weren't many for sale; now there are many for sale, and no work!