• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Almost had another Recovery story

Pinkie

Was hauling logs this afternoon and came upon this car ran off the road, spun around about 4-5 times throrugh 3 people's lawns and almost hit a well (one of the big ones). Then he sunk trying to get out of where we landed. (Chevy Cavalier) I was going to stop but the cops hadn't gotten there yet. Although if I had have stopped, I am sure he would have paid BIG bucks to get pulled out before the cops got there! Oh well I think of myself as an upright citizen so I kept on driving...

Thanks,

J.R.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If he was there because he was driving like a moron that was the best place for him.
He could have been drunk, doped up or just acting a fool.
You were probably right in erring on the side of caution.
If he destroyed private property he should be held accountable. I'm sure the police sorted it out.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes the land owners certainly do thank you, i am testimony to getting in trouble by helping to many out that did need/want/deserved/ ohhh the list goes on and on .... my 2cents

westfolk

On the other end of that. A month ago a Hawbaker(big company in PA) dumptruck was in the ditch next to my house. He made the turn and realized(or should have) that he couldn't make it. Should have backed up and then go. Well he tried to make it. Front driver's side went in followed by the rear wheels. So here's a tri-axle fully loaded with stone sitting almost on its side. If you saw it you'd know what I mean. So the wife says you gonna help him. I get in the work truck.The one hooked to the trailer in my avatar. Roll on over. That's when I saw it was a Hawbaker truck. I said to the guy what's company policy on this. He said you have a chain? I reply yeah, he says then I don't care about company policy. Hooked on to him, spun the tires a little(pavement). Got him moving and up out he comes. Like I tell everyone I can move anything, moving it fast is another story. Saved the guy a bad mark on his driving record with the company. Simple error we all make sometimes. I should have got some money out him for saving his arse. By hey I get to tell the story.

westfolk

Well I am finally going digital on the pics. I'll be taking them left and right. So when stuff like this comes up I can click away all I want.

FreightTrain

Banned
Sounds about like my recovery story.Decided to drive the deuce out to our race shop a couple years ago.The owner of the place used to buy cars at the auctions(Salvage) and rebuild them.Well,he had a bunch of junker and had a buddy of his over hauling some of the good ones off to store for him.Well,he had a old brick body ford Superduty roll back with a car on teh bed and a car on the stinger.He neglected to see the big ass hole next to the very narrow and muddy back enterance.Yep,he slid off and framed out the truck.....Ok,lets see what it can do.Hook a chain up,throw the front axle switch,chunk the gear boxes into Low 1st and let out the clutch.Drug that sucker right out.as soon as he got out I felt a slight bump(like a 2 liter in the truck of a caddy bump!).Well,I said oh no,Your comming all the way out.Dragged that thing up a steep hill all the way to the pavement before I stopped.All this without getting over 1000RPM.What is bad,an hour later he came for another load and out comes the deuce for another rescue.This time he found a hidden hole and dug half way to china before he figured out he chunked it out.Then there is the Weekend From HELL!I will have to find the story and cut and past it cause I ain't gonna retype that up!Short story-2 trucks,2 days,5 stuck vehicles,1 where did it come from thunderstorm,Minus any tops except very tip top of a mountain(Read-we were in a tallest Metal object in storm on a mountian!).

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My wife and I were out tooling around in my CUCV one day in Memphis, TN. There was this section of rutted roads that you could see from the 240-loop where all the kids and rednecks used to go get a little muddy (I'm guilty too). We were getting off the exit ramp when I spotted a guy buried to the rockers in a late model Blazer 4x4. I drove down the road to talk to the guy. He was standing there looking sheepishly toward the passenger seat where his old lady was yelling at someone on a cell phone. He told me they just bought the Blazer at a dealer 20 minutes ago. They were from MS and he wanted to test out the 4x4 before they headed home. Well the street slicks promtly sank him in a huge hole. I strapped him to the '09 and drug him out. We started down the road toward the blacktop and he promptly sank it again!! I pulled him once more, but made it clear it was the last time. We got out of there before buried it a third time!

One other rescue in Memphis was when I pulled a chevy lumina out of the guy's back yard. He drove back there to get about 12 bags of month old trash off his porch and take to the dumpster. He buried it in a soft spot. When I found him he had his big ol wife bouncing on the fender trying to make some traction!! rofl

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
When I was a kid in the Midwest I owned a 1959 CJ3B and went four wheeling almost everyday many times driving to the Indiana dunes that were owned at the time by US steel and had evidence of dumping and other things taht would not be tollerated today but made it one of the best places to go in 4WD. My little F head only go halfway up the dunes unless they were frozen like they did in the winter at which time I could go anywere without breaking through.

With this description behind me my friend and I were off roading in the sand and and came across a stuck Toyota landcrusier of that era. In it sat a beautiful girl that looked too lonesome for me so we stopped and asked what was the matter since it was only stuck a little bit. She said her boyfriend had walked out to get a wrecker.

Thankfully he left the keys so she could listen to WLS and I asked her if she minded if I got her back to the pavement since I did not like the thought of a beauty so far out in the wilderness alone. She did not mind so without the aid of my Jeep which my friend was now driving I got her and the Toy out of the mess and drove her to the beach parking lot.

I sat there talking to her for almost an hour when her boyfriend shows up with a wrecker. I stepped out of his Toy and I still don't know why he did not thank me but his girlfiend sure waved good bye as we drove the Jeep home for dinner.

Have a blessed New Year you all

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks