• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Almost new M101A2 from RRAD

themelon

Picked this up last Thursday along with a rebuilt in the crate Onan Diesel off an MEP-003A.

I'm hoping this weekend to get a bunch of pre-cleanup pictures taken. I likely wont get much real work done on it until late June at the earliest.

Here is the one picture I have take of it so far. It has the fitted cover, I just had it off in this pic. Everything, except the cracked drivers side light, is in near new shape. I would be surprised if this one has seen any road use at all. I have no idea what year it is as I can't find any date stamps on it at all.

IMAG0501-small.jpg

MarcusOReallyus

Nice. Looks like you have the road tires like mine, rather than the NDTs that most seem to have. I sure like mine that way. It's a much better tire for my use.

What did you pay for it?

:beer:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice. Looks like you have the road tires like mine, rather than the NDTs that most seem to have. I sure like mine that way. It's a much better tire for my use.

What did you pay for it?

:beer:

I've never seen a 101A2 with NDTs. They came with surge brakes and 8-bolt GM wheels. :)

Nice looking trailer. It took a lot of painting and work to get mine to look like that.

themelon

You are correct that the truck does not even feel it. There was even a 3-4 mile portion of the drive home where I had to drive on a 1 lane dirt road. It got a bit rough but it never changed the handling characteristics of the truck.

It only dropped my 65mph highway gas mileage by about 2 down to ~16mpg as well. I thought that was pretty good for having the tarp up and an extra 2000lbs when you count the trailer and engine weight.

My plans are going to lead me down the custom route in the end. For now I'm just going to get all the re-finishing done. I like allot of the things you have done on yours so I'm sure there will be some ideas that I steal and make my own. The reciever sockets on the sides for accessories is a real good one. I love modularity and this trailer seems to be a real good platform to build that on.

harleyhouse

It is in very good shape. I wish mine was tan I may have kept it original.

Don't forget the required tub mounted bottle opener.

Right side of tailgate for mine. "you make lots of friends with one"

Attachments

themelon

Since it is clear to me that I am not going to get any real work done this morning I decided to have fun and see how the wheels/tires from my truck would look. I test fitted my spare. I could not bolt it on but here is an idea of what can be.

IMAG0515-small.jpgIMAG0516-small.jpgIMAG0517-small.jpgIMAG0518-small.jpg

Now I need to clean the paint from the lug bolts to get the original rim bolted back on but it is a small price to pay.

I think it has potential. Only adds about .75" in ride height but about 3" in tread width. The tread stays just within the wheel well and should not have any issues on the inside either.

themelon

Looks good to me!

Cool jack you are using what brand is it?
It is a really nice combo jackstand/bottle jack. Works great with everything but the front end of my truck. It just does not have enough umph to get it off the ground. That Duramax engine really is heavy. I want to try and fabricate something with a 6-8 ton jack and the 6 ton Torin stands I have.

Powerbuilt® 3 Ton Jack & Jack Stand

Purchased at TractorSupply for ~$30. Amazon sells it but it was about 2x the price when I looked.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks