• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alredneck needs truck loading help!

Alredneck

Banned
Even though today was kind of a waste. Its days like this you get to talk to folks you might not be able to under more normal circumstances. I like it when the group pulls together its why I remain a member. And try to help out as many as I can, when I can. :-D

drdstny

Banned
I think we need to take up donations and buy him a winch for that freeking trailer!
Yeah, I endorse this 100%. Say a winch is $2500, it only takes 100 SS users to donate $25 to get it.

More accurately, a $1,000 winch will only take 10 people $100 or vice-versa.

I'm in for a Franklin if that's what it's going for. Someone PM me the model# of a decent winch!

drdstny

Banned
Found one for $759 + shipping. 16,800# pull, comes with a fairlead. I will go ahead and buy it, and if we can get 10 people to donate $75, I'll cover the difference.

I'm buying it. If the "deal" falls through, it's not like I can't use the winch. :)

Someone let me know if I need to start a new thread somewhere.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a deuce winch in the back yard that belongs to Capt.
He just "forgot" it the last time he was here.
It will need a hydrolic motor setup to be able to work since it was a PTO driven one.
I can ship it somewhere if need be.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does everyone here have a CUCV key? If not you should. The Dodge key ain't bad to have either. I have both most everywhere I go!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does Dodge even have key codes?
They do-at least they did.

I had the original dealer tag that came with my '68 440 4speed GTX. It was a small aluminum tag with the code for the keys that came on the circular ring with the original keys.

Here's a 1950's set of NOS keys and locks, the tag can be seen on the ring.

Attachments

citizensoldier

I just returned from the hardware store.. He will have a full set of keys for the Dodge ignition and storage boxes, and the Chevy CUCV key when he leaves.. and if I can help it a freeking winch on that trailer!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the SECM bodies all have the same locks? Mine had the locks stripped off before I got it.

drdstny

Banned
If the winch leaves today, the soonest it'll be there is tomorrow: Thursday, and that will be at a premium (freight).

PM me the address where this thing needs to be and I'll see what the adjusted cost is with freight. As for paying for it, give the money directly to Captain, because this is coming out of what I owe him. :)

citizensoldier

He is in Michigan somewhere right now heading north up the west side of the state.. He will be heading back south tonight and be back at Rock Island in the morning.. So to get it here on Thursday would be to late.. But he could maybe swing down to Indianapolis in the morning and then over to Rock Island? I can ask him when he gets here or maybe call him?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks