• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alright, who picked up my trailer?????

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I've had one of those trailers for awhile. I was able to repair the master cylinder broke off by GL and had the air chamber welded back on. The smashed parking brake cables is correct.
one of the parking brake cables is broke so they may be the culprit.

My wiring harness had two points of tear from the GL forklift also. I did a repair splice on both of these spots. The connector for the lights to the truck truck is standard military. You don't need one specifically for a 1061 trailer. Any trailer will work. Download the -14 manual and it will show you how to do it.
The plug was ripped off the end, would hate to have to buy another trailer for the plug.

I had to load tires on mine by hand and found that I can jack the front end up enough to make the rear darn near touch ground. Proper positioning next to a slight incline made it even easier to load.
i noticed that too, i jacked the front up enough to keep the drums off the ground and thought "i could almost just drive up that". i was thinking about building a dove tail off the back but now i don't think i need to.

Westex

I've monitored this post from the get go and after reading all of this have alot of trepidation about my appointment for pickup of my trailer this coming Friday......Anybody need something hauled west at least as far as El Paso out of there I can strap on the trailer to make it not fishtail, let me know.

Green_gator

Trailer Plug

do they have a website and do they carry all parts? i need a new wire harness, the plug on mine got torn off looks like.
I have a spare plug section for a trailer and can bring it up next week when I come by if you want. I will double check but if I remember correctly it is in decent to good shape and is complete back to the connectors. Plan to be in your area on Sunday the 11th and will let send you a p.m. later in the week.

Walter

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I have a spare plug section for a trailer and can bring it up next week when I come by if you want. I will double check but if I remember correctly it is in decent to good shape and is complete back to the connectors. Plan to be in your area on Sunday the 11th and will let send you a p.m. later in the week.

Walter
That would be great!!!