• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alt 1 working not charging

choll

Trying to take the truck on a road trip but its giving me a hard time. Front battery is not charging he is what I have done: new battery, replaced alt taken out of another 1009, had it tested works as its supposed to. Truck not running getting 12.8v at front battery, getting 12.5v at rear barttery. Truck runniing getting 12.8 v at front battery, rear Im getting 14.5v which is correct. Took the alt that was taken out and had it tested works fine,glad I had a spare. Trying to go through the TM but time is running short any one have a quick fix idea

JAsher45

your ALT 1 is not getting excctied to charge... check at the two wire plug in that ALT and go from there... open up the chargin schematic and trace that circuit.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the TM 9-2320-289-34 manual. Appendix diagram E-9. The red wire comes out at the 12v Terminal Block and the brown wire is tied to the GEN1 light and gets its power from the ignition switch.

This has been covered many times and I just posted the test just yesterday.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/687944-post6.html

If the GEN1 bulb is not working then the alternator will never work.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks