• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternative use for an M149A2

iatractor

Has anyone, especially fellow members in the Northeast used their water buffalo's to haul maple sap? Before going forward, I have thoroughly scrubbed and sterilized this tank. The only thing that has been in since then is treated city water. What I'm most concerned about is how easily it is to clean once done for the season. Since the sap is the consistency of sugar water, I would think that maybe two flushes of water and a treatment of algicide/chlorine as a final before a final flush would be sufficient to clean out? Kind of curious how many have used their tank for this alternative purpose? Main reason I own this trailer is that my first plan was to de-mount the tank and use it as a stationary vessel for my sap. Then go to thinking, why not just hook it on behind the deuce and save myself the pain of hauling bucks around? Being an insulated, food grade tank, it should be able to keep a fairly constant temperature in it so I can extend out the sugaring season. Plus the flow rate out of the spigots is nearly ideal for flowing into the evaporator. So now it is going to stay as a complete unit.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Lane Young in Michigan purchased an M149A2 for this same purpose. I am drawing a blank right now on his screen name. Perhaps, someone from Michigan will chime in. If I think of his screen name, I'll post again. If you don't have any luck, PM me and I'll give you his phone number.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would use HOT water to do the cleaning, so the sugar base dissolves

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks