• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator adjust

shootiniron

When adjusting the output of the alternator do you turn the screw head under the allen plug CLOCKWISE or COUNTER CLOCKWISE to increase the output ? Also is it a slot head or philips head ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use my digital volt meter to set my voltage adjustment. I don't trust the dash gauge to be accurate. I have some trucks that I set with my DVM at 28.5v and the gauges are not reading on the "tic" mark. I rechecked the voltage at the dash gauge and it's 28.5 there also. I read my gauges as a reference only, nothing too precise about them!

Gastrap

Yes, clockwise to increase.
Mine was putting out 31.5 when the dash gauge was on the mark,now at 28.5 its right on the line between yellow & green.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
+2 the one on my M929 is counter clockwise to increase voltage also. I think its the same alternator.